Web Design Cost in Sri Lanka
Main Costs Can Be Grouped Into Three Main Categories
- One time fee / costs
- Recurring costs ( yearly / monthly )
- Usage-based costs
One Time Website Costs:
- Web page designing cost ( designing of the home page, inner pages, and layout in a graphical format)
- Web development cost ( converting the graphical design in to PHP / HTML / CSS web pages. This can be a creation of a template for CMS systems like WordPress or Joomla.
- Business Logo designing cost
Recurring Website Costs:
- Domain name registration cost example: yourbusiness.com (yearly)
- Web Hosting cost (yearly / Monthly)
- E-mail cost (yearly / Monthly)
Some Of The Usage-Based Costs
- Cloud hosting and storage / Bandwidth Costs
- Email Newsletter service costs (MailChimp / Mailgun)
- API integration costs ( Payment gateways / Map services / Shipping services)
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) cost (Maxcdn, Amazon, Oracle)
There are some other optional recurring costs like:
- Third-party plugins and libraries Cost (yearly / monthly)
- Payment gateway Integrations (yearly)
- Shipping method subscriptions (yearly)
What is Web hosting?
The term “web hosting” refers to the service company that rent out their computer / servers to store your website (hence the word, host) and providing Internet connectivity so that other computers connected to the internet can access to the files on your website.
What is the Domain name?
It’s your unique address on the internet. E.g. webdesignsrilanka.com You need to purchase a domain name from a domain registrar or an authorized agency for that domain TLD. Such as .COM .LK .ORG. or .NET. Then periodically you need to renew your domain name registration to keep it under your control. If it expires before you renew, after a while another person can purchase that domain name.
What is Content Delivery Network (CDN)?
A content delivery network or a CDN is a system of distributed servers (network) that delivers web pages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic location of the user. So the content gets served from a computer closest to the user, hence user experiences faster page loading time.
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting is based on cloud computing technologies that allow many redundant computers to act as one system and provide superior performance and features.
What is SEO ( Search engine optimization)
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the natural search results on search engines. This kind of traffic is also called free, organic or editorial traffic. Read more about SEO here
What is a Mobile Responsive Website?
A responsive website automatically changes to fit the screen of the device you’re browsing it on. Usually, there have been four general screen sizes that responsive design has been targeted at:
- Widescreen desktop monitor
- Smaller desktop (or laptop)
- Mobile phone ( smartphones)
Setup Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free and premium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google launched this service back in 2005 and now it’s the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.
Sign up with Google Analytics for free by clicking here.
We integrate Google Analytics into all the websites we do as standard practice.
The Things That Affect The Cost Of A Website:
Mobile Responsive Web Design (Mobile Friendly)
Although many local web design companies include a responsive design as part of the package, be careful. If you are not paying any extra, the site will probably only respond in a very simple way like resizing and hiding a few columns. True responsive web design involves thinking about the user’s experience and what they are trying to achieve using for each device type – and this will increase the cost.
Building and testing a site across multiple devices and screen sizes and ensuring the experience works every time takes a lot of skill and experience. Template based web designs tend to incorporate responsive elements at not much extra cost. A good web designer can customize a ready-made template to fit your requirements for a lesser cost which making it almost like built from scratch.
If the visual styling, look and feel and layout is designed from scratch by a graphic designer and then built on a clean slate, it will be a lot more expensive compared to the use of a pre-made design ‘template’. It’s a bit like getting an architect to design your home vs buying a home that is already built into a plan you select.
Size Of The Website
The number of pages, images and/or files increase the cost since it lengthens the time the web designers have to work on the website. But there should be little difference between 5 and 10 pages.
When the number of pages increases, there needs to be a better organized CMS ( content management system) to manage these pages. It will require a better-experienced developer to work on a large website which will be sustainable in the long run.
Logo design, copywriting or search optimization are some of the additional services you might expect from your web designer. It makes sense to get these services from the same web design company if possible. Following are the benefits of getting those additional services from your web designer.
- Negotiate for a better rate.
- Cuts communication lapses between different teams (web designer / SEO / Logo designer etc.)
- Better level of integration between these services (e.g. logo designer talks to the web designer and creates a matching logo)
Level Of Consultation And Creative Input
Some web design companies in Sri Lanka will build exactly what you tell them to, while others ( like us 😉 ) will thoroughly analyze your business, conduct usability testing, competitor and keyword researches and gives you a solution that exceeds your expectations.